History of
the East Barnard Community Hall
The Community Hall was originally a wood shop and store in the 19th century. In 1907 the building became the home of the East Barnard Grange No. 380. The Grange Hall was the site of bi-weekly dances from the 1930s through the 1950s as well as Jamborees during the WWII years. It has also long been the site of potluck dinners, talent shows, art classes, dances, an annual Fun Day and other fundraisers for the EBCC and the Fire Department.
The Grange No. 380 sold the Community Hall to the EBCC in 1984 with the stipulation that it be used for community events. The Club adopted bylaws as a state-registered nonprofit in 2012. Free membership in the Club is open to all residents of the Broad Brook watershed, which includes portions of the towns of Barnard, Pomfret, Royalton, and Sharon.
The Hall can be rented for private functions.